Dispel the Myths and Understand the Power of Backbends to Open our Hearts.
2hrs15mins Yoga Class Book and Pay
DATE: Sunday 17th Jan
COST: $35 or $30 early bird Monday the 4th January
TIME: 9am to 11.15am
Adelaide Hills Social Club – 413 Mount Barker Road Bridgewater
or Bridgewater Hall – opposite Coles (to be confirmed due to Covid and numbers)
The New Year can be one of excitement and stress as we let go of the pass and we consider what the new year could bring. Feelings of joy and anxiety from expectations of ourselves and others and commitments from work and relationships. The result can be overwhelming and weigh us down or can have us running on a high ungrounded.
With this in mind we have created Open and Centre to move you into the New Year with a sense of well being. To calm the nervous system and centre you and give you strategies to take with you for the year ahead and beyond.
Our 2 teachers will lead you by offering gentle and more advanced options to suit all levels of experience.
Open and Centre is a longer class designed to give you a deeper experience of Yoga and to thrive through the year ahead
- Raise the vibration chanting Oms
- Gentle spinal movement/vinyasa to warm the body
- Using spinal model to understand the workings of the spine and dispel the myths of backbends
- What are the benefits of back bends?
- Why are backbends important?
- Break down back bends and learn how to do them safely
- Asana work, standing, balancing and inversion options for all abilities
- Challenging your body and mind in a safe and supportive environment
- Pranayama – breath work to increase your energy and balance the nervous system
- Finishing with a compassion practice